The world in which Elona takes place is known as Ilva or Irva (it's not clear which English spelling and pronunciation is correct), which is currently in its eleventh era, known as Sierre Terre. The game itself takes place in the region of North Tyris, which is ruled from Palmia by King Xabi and Queen Stersha. The region was also the location of an ancient civilization known as Nefia.
Other regions of the world include Yerles, Eulderna, Zanan, Vindale Forest and South Tyris. Yerles and Eulderna are at war, with North Tyris often being caught in the crossfire. Zanan and the Elea of Vindale Forest are also at war, with rumors saying that the Vindale Forests are the source of the Etherwind. According to dialogue with NPC's, there once was an eastern nation called Karune, which was devastated and brought to ruin by the Ether Disease.
- Derphy: A hive of scum and villainy; infamous for its slave market and lack of law enforcement.
- Lumiest: An island town notable for magic and the arts.
- Noyel: A small village in the snowy regions. Those who have lost their way may find redemption at the church.
- Palmia: The capital of the region; there's always a party going on here.
- Port Kapul: All sorts of people pass through these ports and fighters from all over gather to fight in the arena.
- Vernis: The largest coal-mining town in North Tyris; kick back and enjoy a drink at the bar.
- Yowyn: A small agricultural village known for the quality of its horses.
- Larna: An isolated town at the top of a dangerous mountain.
- Your Home: some people call it a dank and smelly, but it's home to you...
- Cyber Dome: a futuristic grotto that is home to many technophiles.
- The Embassy: where you go to pay your taxes.
- Miral and Garok's Workshop: the home of the legendary smiths.
- Truce Ground: a pantheon of the gods.
- The mansion of younger sister
- The graveyard
- The Show House: a place to test user created maps.
These buildings belong to you and can be placed using the appropriate deeds.
- Farm allows you to grow crops from seeds.
- Dungeon is effectively a really large storage house.
- Museum allows you to show off your collection of cards and figurines.
- Ranch allows you to breed a creature.
- Shop allows you to sell excess equipment.
- Storage house is a small building where you can store items.
See here for info on dungeons.