|Str:||Normal 3-6||Con:||Normal 3-6||Dex:||Slight 1-2|
|Per:||None 0||Lea:||None 0||Wil:||Little 2-4|
|Mag:||Normal 4-7||Cha:||None 0|
- The Warmage. Not really a Wizard, not really a Warrior, the Warmage is believer that stabbing things that are on fire is better than just stabbing them or setting them on fire. Good with swords, armor, books and casting. Their only weakness is that without specialization, they won't truely[sic] excel in a field. Still, when your motto is: "Everything worth doing is worth overdoing", you don't really care.
Warmages have some serious drawbacks starting out, they aren't that great in melee, they are hopeless with ranged weapons, and their magic is sporadic at best. But they have great potential after a few levels, and with the right books you can stand up to some very powerful creatures. They are able to fight without magic when need be and they can use bolts, arrows, balls, and buffs to turn the battle in their favor. Besides, what's better than a warrior that can use Mist of Frailness and Hero without a scroll or a rod?
My advice is to work on your melee skills before trying to find books, getting a claymore or any type of longsword will help, as Warmages have a high capacity for them. Magic is best used to hit enemies with high evasion like imps, bats, and wasps, as a warmage's accuracy with weapons is kinda low. Find a book of Hero, Holy shield, and Weakness as soon as possible, they are easy to read and incredibly effective for fighting in melee with something bigger or more numerous than you. Bolts are difficult for a warmage, but arrows and buffs are easier, use that to your advantage. An easy place to find books is in the Puppy Cave, and can sometimes be found for cheap in magic shops. Always keep books you cannot read in one of the Vernis dungeons, they come in handy later.
In Elona+, warmages have a hidden feat that raises casting chance by 5%. While this may not seem like much, it does directly counteract casting penalty from armor, shields, or dual wield, all of which set an unchangeable ceiling on casting change. This allows a warmage to cast at a maximum of 99% while dual wielding in light armor, which means other classes will fail six times as much casting at their maximum of 94%. This is also useful when using the Magic Equip special action, which only works when wearing medium armor. Warmages will be able to cast with a max rate of 97%, compared to 92% (more than doubled fail rate) for other classes. While Magic Equip can be taxing stamina-wise if used to constantly power up attack spells, it can be especially useful if used once before applying any buffs to give each one extra effect and duration.
Starting Equipment Edit
- a melee weapon (usually a short sword or staff)
- a breastplate
- a cloak
- an amulet (may be an engagement amulet)
- 2 rings (may be one or two engagement rings)
- 2 bottles of crim ale
- 3 spellbooks of magic arrow (charges range anywhere from 4-6-9 per book)
- a spellbook of minor teleportation
- 4 rations
- 8 cargoes of traveler's food
- Warmages have a tendency to start with staves, which they are not trained for. If you want to avoid starting with one, avoid any 1-die damage outputs.
- Equipment materials may be bronze, raw, or cloth.
In Elona+ There was added Class Feats, in which each class got a special bonus, the Warmage got:
|[Unified spirit]||Increased success rate for spell casting||Rate increase is about 5%|
See also Edit
|Warrior · Thief · Wizard · Farmer · Predator · Archer · Warmage · Tourist · Pianist · Gunner · Priest · Claymore|