"I hear that South Tyris is a violent and uninhabitable land. Who knows what sort of horrors lurk there..." -NPC
South Tyris is a region of land located directly south of North Tyris.This area is accessible but under construction in the game, but the map of North Tyris clearly shows that it is connected to land masses to the north, south and east. According to NPC's, the land is supposedly extremely violent and uninhabitable.
In keeping with the reputation, it is indeed harsh and violent, to the point that enterprising adventurers will be refused entry until defeating Zeome. However, it's by no means uninhabitable, as there are multiple towns there, including Valm and Melkawn.
There are also some Chaos Forts: <Hell>, <Destruction>, and <Weapons>.
NOTE: This is a work in progress.
The names here differ from the map slightly, but the locations will match them up. Since there is only one main road, the locations here mostly are in order as you follow it from the top. Specific NPCs and other oddities are mentioned in the location's own page.
- South Tyris north border: Identical to the North Tyris south border town in North Tyris, it is one of two "friendly" locations that you can warp back to.
- Eirel: The first new town in South Tyris. It is a full town with many shops and a couple static NPCs. This includes a job board.
- The Smoke and Pipe: While technically not a town, this location is the second of two locations that were in the beta version of regular Elona. It is located south of the town of Eirel.
- Ruoza: This is a refugee camp. It isn't a full town, but it contains the one place you can spend AP on skills in the game.
- Melkawn: A large city, this is more of an industrial town than a castle town despite it's map icon. Many shops here, along with an underground casino map.
- Port Kurualm: A town located near the ocean, using the lighthouse icon. A full town with a job board.
- Melugas: Located around the center of the map, not along the main road. It has it's own road connecting it to the main story dungeon, Rehmido. It is the Yerles army's base, and the main quest is usually advanced here. While specifics will be mentioned in it's own page, it's worth it to know that the map name of the town is mistakenly labeled Port Kapul in the English translation. This can cause some confusion when looking at adventurer locations, but is otherwise mostly an oddity.
- Valm: Another port town, but smaller. The Deep-sea castle can be reached from here.
- Arcbelc: A prosperous town, it has a decent set of shops as well as a souvenir vendor.
- Ludus: A barren agricultural town. In addition to being a full town, during August they host the South Tyris Rain Festival. While seemingly not as important as the Jure Festival, it is still worth seeing if you can remember to make the trip there.
Elona+ Set DungeonsEdit
Here are several dungeons that are in permanent locations in South Tyris, storyline dungeons first.
- Chaos Shrine: Danger level 55. Located to the south east of the Smoke and Pipe, and directly south of the Mountain Pass.
- Machinery Fort: Danger level 60. The closest structure to this dungeon is the Jail to it's west, but can be found also by heading northeast from Arcbelc.
- Valley of Hereafter: Danger level 70. Very out of the way, it is located in the desert across the bridge and southeast of Ludus. It appears as a series of caves on the world map, but can be a little hard to see because it's the same color as the surrounding sand.
- Rehmido: "The new wheel of fortune starts to turn". This is the main storyline dungeon. It has 30 levels, with a few boss fights on the way down. You can use a return scroll to go back to the deepest floor you've been to, much like Lesimas. You can't enter it until you've first talked to the scientist in Melugas, cleared the bosses in the three dungeons mentioned above, and talked to the scientist again.
- Mountain Pass (South Tyris): Danger level 110. This has special conditions to enter, detailed in it's page.
- Forest of Doggod: Danger Level 60. I want to mention this first, because the danger level might make you think you can clear this early. The dungeon itself is not the problem. It is a 6 level dungeon which is much like the Puppy Cave or The Void. The last level is where the boss, <Estork> the Doggod, lurks. If you were thinking about making the trip, I would advise looking at his stats first. He isn't as strong as the new Chaos Fort bosses, but he can come pretty close.
- Fort of Chaos <Hell>: Music track 42 (mcBoss3). Located in the distant northeast of the South Tyris continent, it is the home of <Ulzassil> the dead emperor, A magic user, which means not quite as dangerous as the other bosses, but still much stronger than any boss before him.
- Fort of Chaos <Weapons>: Music track 42 (mcBoss3). Located to the south of Arcbelc, and slightly to the west. <Yerleswood> the savage machine makes his home here.
- Fort of Chaos <Destruction>: Music track 42 (mcBoss3). The fort is on located a small way to the southeast of Arcbelc. It is on a small island that you need to cross a bridge to get to. <Siva> the Destruction resides there. You had better be prepared before you go there, because he is probably the toughest set boss in South Tyris.
Elona+ Other LocationsEdit
Here are a couple other spots that can't be considered to be a real town or a dungeon.
- Maid Mansion: Sort of like a second home, you need to complete a quest before you can enter here. If you try beforehand, it will send you to a forest map just like you had tried to enter a jail. Has a set of NPC shops, and it's own set of neutral NPCs. It is the second "friendly" map you can warp back to when it is unlocked.
- Deep-sea castle
- The Ancient Garden: A quest location. Initially nothing of interest other than obtaining the quest objective from the NPC guarding it. However, early in the third act of the main quest, it becomes a way to travel between South Tyris and Lost Irva . Because of the ether corruption here, you won't want to stick around any longer than you have to.
- The Oblivion Palace: A secret location, three tiles north and two tiles east of Rehmido. It has the facility to re-initialize data.