|Str:||Little 3-5||Con:||Not Bad 4-8||Dex:||Normal 4-7|
|Per:||Good 5-10||Lea:||Good 5-10||Wil:||Great 7-13|
|Mag:||Best 8-15||Cha:||Little 2-4|
You have resistance to cold (##)
- When a powerful magus grows near death, their desire to live on makes them attempt lichdom. Of the many who try every century, barely a handful succeed. Most fail and die, but some few partially make it, though the process robs them of much of their memories and skills. Their young "age" is their new "life" beginning anew, but they are patient. After all, they have all the time in the world now.
The Lich is a playable character race.
Ambitious magi who turn to lichdom to escape death. They have lost much of the strength they had in life, not to mention they're now as attractive as a corpse can be, but in exchange they retain their wisdom, and their magical power grows stronger than it was in life.
Liches start with the best Mana score and best Magic and Willpower growths, plus they start with trained Meditation and Casting skills. Of the playable races, they can be considered the most focused on spellcasting, and one of the most viable for a pure caster build. Added to this is their innate elemental resistances.
On the downside they start with low Life and terrible growths in Strength and Charisma, hindering two of the most problematic aspects of the early game: Weight Lifting and ally gathering. Liches will have to make the best of what little allies they can get and increase their own power as much as possible, which may take longer given the limitations of spellcasters.
Liches could be thought as a more balanced counterpart to the Fairy: They are both unsuited for melee combat and favor magic, but the Lich doesn't suffer the Fairy's crippingly-low Life score or armor weight limit, giving them more endurance and allowing the use of Shields or Medium Armor. Heavy Armor, however, is heavily discouraged for the Lich, as it does not benefit any of their favored builds, impedes spellcasting, and slows them significantly.
Joining the Mages' Guild may be necessary, as any of the Lich's playstyles lean towards constant use of magic.
Viable Classes Edit
- The most straighforward of the Lich's favored classes. Their innate Mana and stat growths make it easier for Liches to become pure casters. On the downside, they will suffer the weaknesses of spellcasters more severely than other classes; taking a ranged weapon may be needed to survive. Still, those who make it to the late-game will find that fewer and fewer enemies can survive a single casting of Meteor.
- Instead of this class' intended warrior-mage playstyle, the Lich can make use of the greater Willpower growths and trained Medium Armor to become a hardier Wizard. With their trained Faith skill they can also rake in the benefits of worshipping much quicker than other classes.
- As mentioned above, Liches can make competent Archers with their surprisingly good growths in Perception and Dexterity. This can be a good option for players who'd rather not depend so much on magic or have an easier early-game. However, when compared to other playable races, Liches are still better as ranged-mage hybrids instead of pure ranged combatants.
Racial Feats Edit
- You have resistance to cold.
- Grants resistance to cold (Little, ##).
- You have resistance to poison.
- Grants resistance to poison (Little, ##).
- You have strong resistance to darkness.
- Grants strong resistance to darkness (Normal, ###).
Changes in Elona+ Edit
In addition to the resistances granted by their racial feats, player Liches now possess the same innate resistances and weaknesses as NPC Liches. These are:
- Weakness to fire
- Superb (#####) resistance to nether
- Little (##) resistance to nerve
These do not appear on the feat list, but a quick check at the resistances list will show they're effective upon character generation.
Also, spellcasting went through a significant rework, making it much easier to play pure casters and hybrids now than in the original version:
- Spellbooks cost half their previous value.
- Spell Stock lasts three times as long.
- The potential of spells memorized increases every time the PC sleeps.
- If a spellbook reading failure summons monsters into a town, they'll disappear after a few days. The only exceptions are permanent maps such as Your Home, the Truce Ground and unique dungeons.
- The Wizard shopkeeper now trains spell level in exchange for platinum coins.
- Skill points can be used to train and increase potential of spells.
Viable Classes Edit
Besides the previous recommendations...
- Liches can becomes adepts at this class for the same reasons as the Archer, however Gunners have better growths in Learning, Magic and Willpower to branch into spellcasting. For this reason, the Gunner may be a better alternative for a ranged-mage hybrid than the Archer, and thus more benefitial to the Lich.
- The Warmage's Class Feat increases casting success chance by 5% regardless of armor type, allowing the Lich to equip Medium Armor, Shields or Dual Wielded weapons without suffering a great casting penalty as before. Other than that, the lack of growths in Learning and Perception make it a slightly sub-optimal choice.
|Official||Yerles · Eulderna · Fairy · Dwarf · Juere · Elea · Snail · Lich · Goblin · Golem · Mutant|
|Extra||Kobolt · Orc · Troll · Lizardman · Minotaur · Norland · Asura · Slime · Wolf · Zombie · Rabbit · Sheep · Frog · Centipede · Mandrake · Beetle · Mushroom · Hound · Ent · Bat · Ghost · Spirit · Eye · Wyvern · Wasp · Giant · Imp · Hand · Snake · Drake · Bear · Armor · Medusa · Cupid · Phantom · Harpy · Dragon · Dinosaur · Cerberus · Spider · Rock · Crab · Skeleton · Piece · Cat · Dog · Roran · Rat · Shell · Catgod · Machinegod · Undeadgod · Machine · Wisp · Chicken · Stalker · Catsister · Yeek · Yith · Servant · Horse · God · Quickling · Metal · Bike|
|Elona+ Extra||Bacteria · Beast · Behicle · Bird · Doggod · Karune · Largeanimal · Mazin · Seamonster · Worm · Zanan|